We want to glean the interest from rural healthcare providers in our region about joining a LORHN-led consortium to apply for the Healthcare Connect Fund program with the Universal Service Administration Co. (USAC) that provides eligible healthcare providers with a 65% cost-saving on broadband services. If you are a health care provider in Okeechobee, Hendry, Glades, Western Palm Beach or Western Martin County contact us to learn how to join the consortium.
Eligible Healthcare Providers:
1. Must be a public or nonprofit entity
2. Must be one of the following types of facilities:
- A post-secondary educational institution offering healthcare instruction, such as teaching hospitals or medical schools,
- A community health center or health center providing healthcare to migrants,
- A local health department or agency,
- A community mental health center,
- A not-for-profit hospital,
- A rural health clinic,
- A dedicated emergency room of a rural for-profit hospital
- A skilled nursing facility (SNF)
3. It must be in a rural location as defined by the FCC. If your site is not located in a rural area, it still may be eligible to apply to the HCF Program as part of LORHN's consortium. Take the survey below to let us know you're interested.
LORHN gathers information regarding the practicalities, costs, and benefits associated with specific health and behavioral health service provision via telehealth and telemedicine for the Network and our partners.
LORHN Consortium to discuss telehealth/telemedicine opportunities for rural communities.
Learn more about telehealth/telemedicine from these trusted resources: